If you have a narrow hip and want wider hips then, this post on how to widen narrow hips will you show you some of the best exercises that will widen your hips? These exercises include 7 resistance bands workout for bigger glutes AND hips.
Alternative program to widen your hips is this hip dip fix and 30 days challenge for the hips. you can that out after reading through.
When trying to widen the hips it is important you always try to increases the tension and resistance of the hips training continuously to keep growing the muscle that is why resistance band should be your all-time friend.
To continuously target all the glute muscles (etc. gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus) then you need a resistance band.
It works effectively for routines that focus mainly on the buttocks. It is also good for general work out when you want to focus on your glutes.
In addition to these exercises you have to eat right for the result to show and this article on 51 foods that goes to the hips should be your guide.
How to Widen Narrow Hips|7 Banded Exercises that Widen Your Hips
The exercises you will see in this post are those that will target your hips and booty to give you bigger glutes.
You can get a resistance band at USD$ 15 or less but it is a piece of equipment that gives you maximum return for the amount you paid. You can check this one on here.
You need it if you want to do the resistance bands workout for bigger Glutes.
7 Resistance Bands Workout for Bigger Glutes (Booty band workout)
To begin the resistance Bands Workout for Bigger Glutes and narrow hips, here is the plan for doing the exercise routines. You will also need an adjustable dumbbell but this optional for a beginner. and when you are ready to increase your training resistances here is the adjustable dumbbell I recommend you you get on amazon.
- Ankle Jumping Jacks — 20 reps
- Lateral Band Walks — 20 reps
- Standing Glute Kicks — 20 reps each side
- Banded Walks — 20 reps
- Squat to Lateral Leg Lifts — 20 reps
- Clamshells — 20 reps
- Hip Bridge Pulses — 20 reps
- Do this circuit two times.
- Do this work out 2 to 3 times per week
Related Articles: Step By Step Guide Growing a wider Hips Fast.
#1. Ankle Jumping Jacks- 60sec
Put the band around your ankles.
- Start in a quarter-squat position with your feet hip-width apart, and place your hands on your chest.
- Jump with your feet out. That is to complete 1 rep.
- Also, you need to do 20 reps.
As you do this move make sure your body doesn’t go up so high and when you land, do it with your weight mainly on your heels. Don’t land on your toes.
#2. Lateral Band Walks – 30 to 45sec
- Start by putting the band around your ankles again.
- Now stand in a quarter-squat position with your feet about hip-width apart. Also, put your hands on your chest or hips.
- Next, walk one step to the right with your right foot, making your feet shoulder-width apart. Then, follow that position with your left so that your feet are hip-width apart again.
- Finally, walk three steps to the right, and then three back to the left. That completes 1 rep.
- Continue and doing 20 reps.
Make sure you manage to keep your weight in the center to engage your core and make the band retain tension throughout this movement.
#3. Standing Glute Kickbacks — 20 reps
- Start by putting the band around your ankles.
- Put your hand on your chest or hips, swing all your weight into your left leg and put your right toes on the ground about an inch crosswise behind your left heel, to maintain the tension in the band.
- compress your abs and tuck your pelvis in as you kick your right leg back about 6 inches. Also, keep the knee in a straight line.
- Finally, put your right foot on the floor, maintaining tension in the band, to make 1 rep.
- You should do 20 reps and then alternate to the other side and repeat the process.
It is not a tough routine. But if feel any pain in your lower back as you do the kicking, reduce the movement. Also, see if you can keep your weight away from the leg you are using to do the kicking as you bring it back down to the floor.
#4. Banded Sumo Squat Walks – 20 reps
- Once again put the band around your ankles.
- And stand with your feet hip-width apart. Also, bend your knees a few inches and leap forward at the hips, keeping your abs busy and compressing your glutes tightly.
- Walk or steps forward to your front and step back that makes a rep.
- Perform 20 reps.
Keep your back level and shoulders back and try not to hunch.
#5. Squat to Lateral Leg Lifts
- Put the band immediately above your knees.
- And stand with your feet hip-width apart, and your hands on your chest or in front or hips.
- Now, bend your knees and thrust your butt back to lower it into a squat position
- After that, stand up and raise your right leg out to the side and keep your knee in a straight line.
- Also, return your right leg to the floor.
- Do the Squat again. This time when you stand up, raise your left leg out to the side and keep your knee in a straight line.
- Finally, return your left leg to the floor. This completes 1 rep.
- You should do 20 reps, and change sides.
Engage your core and lift your chest and do not round or arch your back.
#6. Clamshells- 20 reps
- Put the band on top of your knees.
- And lie on your side, with your head resting on your hand at the bottom. Raise your feet to your hip level and see if you can do so while keeping your knees from touching the floor.
- Next, bring your feet together as you lift the knee at the top and raise it toward the roof
- Now, gently lower the knee at the top knee down, and suspend it above the bottom knee. This completes 1 rep.
- You should do 20 reps. Change sides and repeat the process.
If you find it hard to open your knees while your feet are in the air, put them on the floor and repeat the same movement. It is a good exercise for activation of your body before you do lunges or squats.
#7. Weighted Hip Bridge Pulses
- Place the band immediately above your knees and carry a dumbbell on your thighs or you can also perform this move without weight starting out..
- Then, lie on your back with your hands at your sides, and your knees bent, and feet flat on the floor with your hip-width apart.
- Now, compress your glutes and abs and raise your hips a few inches above the floor. And put your feet together.
- Hold the bridge, and then thrust your knees out to the sides, and keep your feet close to each other.
- Finally, little by little return your knees to touch each other again. This completes 1 rep.
- You should do 20 reps.
Tuck your pelvis in, and do not arch your back. Also, push your belly button into your spine to stay in the right form.
In this post on how to widen narrow hips, we explored 7 Resistance Bands Workout for Bigger Glutes (Booty band workout). In it, you saw how to use the band to help burn fat and sculpt the thigh muscles and the Glutes.
Also, these band exercise routines will activate your core. In addition to these exercises you have to eat right for the result to show and this article on 51 foods that goes to the hips should be your guide.
Do this and your booty muscles will receive enough resistance and explode and then you will have a bigger butt you have always wanted.